Welcome to the Derbyshire Scouts media pages
For the latest press releases, Scouting guidance on the use of media/taking of photographs, information on the facebook page and other resources please visit the media downloads page.
A lot of what we do in Scouting is fairly extraordinary - even if to us as members and volunteers it seems completely normal! There are many fantastic opportunities to promote Scouting and the Derbyshire Scouts media team is here to help you make the most of these opportunities. Whether you want help with event promotion or want to let everyone know about the camp you have just returned from, please get in touch.
The media team have contacts at and experience of dealing with some of the various forms of media available to us.
We can help with getting coverage in local commercial media and/or Scouting media:
- The Derbyshire Scouts website
Help us to keep the news sections of this website as up to date as possible by sending in any relevant news items.
- K.Scout This is our bi-monthly newsletter for members of Derbyshire Scouts, consisting entirely of contributions from members. Please contact the editor with details or ideas for news, features and events.
- Scouting magazine Suitable items forwarded to the media team will be passed on to the editorial team of the national Scout Association magazine and section supplements for their consideration.
- Facebook We now have our own official interactive facebook page accessible via http://www.facebook.com/derbyshirescouts; where news and events can be posted and shared with other members and friends of Derbyshire Scouting.
- Newspapers and other media Suitable news items and events can be fielded with the local media. We can help with the writing of press releases, arranging press visits/photographers, etc. We are developing good contacts with some of the local newspapers and are looking to extend this to other local outlets and radio stations. If you have any contacts that you are able to share, please get in touch.
Media team contacts